Study Permits and Visas

The Queen’s University International Centre (QUIC) can help you understand the study permit process. If you want more information about the permit and visa process, you can also review QUIC's permits and visa site.

The Government of Canada requires that you provide evidence that you are able to pay for your studies before granting a study permit. A study permit is required for anyone that wants to study in Canada for 6 months or more. Find out if you are eligible for a study permit, what you need to apply, and how to apply.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has adopted a new way of identifying post-secondary institutions in Canada. CIC assigns unique designated learning identification numbers to each institution. A study permit will only be issued for study at designated learning institutions. The designated learning number of Queen's University is O19376023352